Prearranged Funeral Services
By pre-planning your funeral with McLaughlin Funeral Home, you'll have the peace of mind of knowing your wishes will be fulfilled.
Most of us plan ahead in life. We plan for our wedding, our children's education, family vacations, and other significant expected life events. We also plan for the unexpected events of life by purchasing home, auto and medical insurance.
Benefits of prearranging funeral plans
Without a doubt, the most important reason for prearranging your funeral is to spare your family many difficult decisions at a very emotionally trying time. During this stressful time, when reason is clouded, even the most sincere desire to create a fitting tribute can result in emotionally compelled overspending and other regretful decisions.
Peace of Mind
We often have special wishes concerning our funeral arrangements. Decisions Made Early provides you and your family with the comfort of knowing that everything will be taken care of according to your wishes.
For added protection, prearrangement funds are held by a legal reserve life insurance company under the laws and supervision of each state and federal regulatory authority.
Some of the decisions for Pre-Planning include:
- Deciding on funeral times and locations
- Choosing a cemetery grave space
- Selecting a cemetery marker or monument
- Notification of friends and family
- Notification of clergy
- Gathering statistical information for a death certificate
- Gathering information for an obituary
- Selecting printed material Selecting a casket and burial vault
- Choosing Casket Bearers
- Choosing other service details including readings and music
- Selecting floral arrangements
- Selecting clothing for the deceased
- Choosing a photograph for the newspaper notice
- Arranging for military or other fraternal participation